The viewer is an observer of one night at one street. He sees only what he can imagine, and he hears what he wants to hear. The distant eye is getting closer and makes the images sharper but the interpretation stays inside the observer's head. What one makes out of that night is his own story. One can discuss the content accordingly to his own experience, conscious how his point of view shifts due to media manipulation and external factors. The starting point is an image provided by the observing eye. The eye is a guide. The viewer gives the night a meaning.
- Poland, Germany
- RUNNING TIME:
- Magda Jaroszewicz
- Magda Jaroszewicz
- Magda Jaroszewicz, Louis Marioth
- Paul Gröbel
- Louis Marioth, Adrian Lo
- Matata studio
Magda Jaroszewicz was born in 1986 and raised in Warsaw Poland. She graduated from Theater and Performing Arts Studies at Jagiellonian University as well as film directing in the National Film School in Lodz. Her short fiction films "The Death of a Czech Dog" (2011) and "Wild Berries" (2016) were screened and rewarded on various European film festivals.
After finishing film school she moved to Berlin were she worked as a director and researcher for international TV broadcasters. In 2018 she researched and co-directed a Polish part of the international ARTE project "24 Hours Europe".
A fellow of the Hause am See program where she writes her first feature. 2019 Berlinale Talents alumni with her film "Family Trip" being selected for the Berlinale Script Station program.ph. Liene Silde
- DokuBaku IDFF, 2019, Azerbaijan, 2019 (screening)
- Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival 2019, France, 2019 (competition)
- Findecoin Independent International Short Film Festival, Venezuela, 2019 (competition)
- Flatpack Festival, The United Kingdom, 2019 (competition)
- ONE SHOT 17th International Short Film Festival Yerevan, Armenia, 2019 (Special Mention)
- Concorto Film Festival 2019, Italy, 2019 (competition)
- 30th Sao Paulo International Short Film Festival, Brazil, 2019 (competition)
- Kurzfilmfestival Köln 2019, Germany, 2019 (competition)