GORAN THE CAMEL MAN
Goran the Camel Man – a short documentary film about the ordinary life of an extraordinary wanderer. Goran, or Roland Charles, is a Swiss who travels around his gipsy caravan together with his dogs, goats and camel following the route of the legendary Silk Road. For almost 30 years he has been living his dream. He has traversed Mongolia, Iran, Turkey, Italy, France and more. The film was shot in Georgia and presents a fragment of his unusual life.
- RUNNING TIME:
- Marcin Lesisz
- Edyta Zajdlic, Marcin Lesisz
- Marcin Lesisz
- Edyta Zajdlic
- Stowarzyszenie Lubińska Grupa Filmowa Uisel Studio
Marcin Lesisz, director, cameraman, explorer, a graduate of the University of Art and Design in Łódź, and the Art of Cinematography Department of Radio and Television in Katowice.
A native of Lower Silesia filmmaker implementing numerous projects of regional artists. President and founder of Lubin Film Group Uisel Studio, the host for the purpose of cultivating a regional value through the realization of short documentaries, feature films and music videos. With passion hitchhiker looking for with in the far corners of the world topics for stories about people and their environment.
- 32nd Warsaw Film Festival, Poland, 2016 (screening)
- Parnu Film Festival, Estonia, 2016 (Best Short Doc)
- 16th T-Mobile New Horizons IFF, Poland, 2016 (The Best Film in Zoom Comeptition)
- Szczecin European Film Award, Poland, 2016 (Award for the best film in Polish Competition)
- 24th International Film Festival Camerimage, Poland, 2016 (competition)
- Hot Docs, Canada, 2017 (competition)
- MEDIAWAVE – “ANOTHER CONNECTION” International Film and Music Gathering, Hungary, 2017 (competition)
- 14th Neisse Film Festival, Germany, 2017 (competition)
- CineDoc Tbilisi, Georgia, 2017 (competition)
- AFI DOCS, USA, 2017 (competition)